The Secret Butt Exercise
It was only after I wrote the post ‘The art of building a bigger butt‘ that I found out that you all are looking for ways to increase or define your butt, better known as the glutes. And in some cases some of you are actually trying decrease the size of your butt. (Lucky Big butt b*****ds)
But today I am going to continue the saga of ways that you can increase the size of and strength of your butt muscles.
Why is it so important to focus on this so much?
Unless you are happy with having chicken leg syndrome, you will definitely want to make building your butt a priority in your weightlifting workouts. This is because,
- When your butt muscles gets lazy, it will be just like hitting a weightlifting plateau and your muscles will just get used to not being very active. This bad, because having a weak non-active butt will make you weaker in all of your lower body exercises that you perform.
- A weak butt will also push your pelvis forward and make your lower abs stick out. This will give you that dreaded pop belly look that we tried to get rid of back in lower ab exercises.
Introducing The Hip Raise
The reason why this exercise is called a secret is because most guys will ignore it because they see it as a ‘girls’ exercise. But don’t be as ignorant as those guys. This is an exercise that will put the burning desire back into your butt muscles. And this is how you do them.
- Lie on your back on the floor
- Bend your knees up and keep your feet flat and parallel with the floor
- Tense the core of your body and squeeze your butt
- Raise your hips up so that your body forms a straight line from your knees to your shoulders
- Hold for 5 seconds, then lower back down to the starting position
Make sure that you are moving your Torso and hips at the same time when you do this exercise. You will know that you are doing it the correct way if you are keeping the arch in your back at the same level throughout the exercise. Start of with a gym partner to make sure that you are doing as follows. Once you get used to it, go ahead and perform this exercise solo.
How do I include this exercise in my weightlifting Routine?
Perform it right at the start of your weightlifting routine. Doing so will warm your glutes up and get you ready for exercise such as squats, lunges and dead lifts.
Now get off of your arse and go and build that butt already.
See you in the comments.