How to increase your metabolism – The Exercises
It’s been a while since I posted about how to increase your metabolism, and since then I have had conversations with many. It seems to be one of the hottest on going topics in health and fitness, and there doesn’t seem to be one killer answer to the question either. So for the sake of those who ask and for anyone else who is facing this problem, these are a few exercises you can include into your fitness program along with the 13 ways to increase your metabolism.
Complete as many exercises as you can of each one within 15 minutes. Take a 1-2 minute break in-between each set
Dumbbell Split Squat
- Grab a pair of dumbbells with your arms hanging at your sides.
- Stand in a staggered stance.
- Put your right foot in front of your left.
- Keep your torso upright and lower your body until your front thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Raise yourself back up into the staggered stance.
- Max out to 8-10 reps
- Switch legs and repeat.
Allow the heel of your rear foot to raise off floor during descent so that the weight is transferred to your forefoot. Your knees should also point in the same direction as your feet throughout movement.
Cross-Body Mountain Climber
- Assume a push up position.
- Your body should form a straight line from your head to your heels.
- Tense your abs! You will have to hold them that way throughout the entire exercise.
- Pull your left knee as close as you can to your right shoulder, without allowing your hips to sag.
- Return to the starting position and repeat, this time raising your right knee toward your left shoulder.
- Do 10 reps
If that gets a bit easy, do it on higher ground. That should test you.
Chin-up with Knee up
This exercise can be quite brutal at first, but once your strength increases you will be on your way to staying eternally ripped.
- Grab a chin-up bar with your palms facing your body.
- Do a pull-up so your chest reaches the bar, while also raising your knees to your chest. Slowly lower your body and return to the start.
- If you can’t complete a chin-up, simply raise your knees while hanging from the bar.
- Do 10 reps (or to failure)
All three of these exercises are bodyweight exercises and will work every part of your body. Working all parts of your body with compound exercises is an essential ingredient to maintaining overall fitness, but this is just the beginning. Stay tuned for more exercises and techniques that will boost your metabolism even further.
What metabolism boosting techniques have worked for you so far?
See you in the comments.
Incoming search terms:
- Cross-Body Mountain Climber (519)
- mountain climbers exercise (102)
- mountain climber exercise (80)
- dumbbell split squat (72)
- cross body mountain climber (44)
- split squat (35)
- Dumbbell Split Squats (16)
- cross body mountain climbers (15)