5 Great Bodybuilding Sandwiches
Recently I have found myself snacking on sandwiches quite a lot through out the day and in between my main meals. This is an important habit to get used too, as you have to eat small meals throughout the day to lose or gain weight. And this is especially important for us high metabolism types, as we tend to lose weight from doing nothing! So we have to make up those loses somewhere.
But if you are going to do it you might as well do it properly and have a fun and tasty time while you are at it. That’s why today I’m going to share with you 5 great sandwiches that will stack your guts a plenty until your next meal.
Grilled Cheese with Pears
If you want to get creative and add some fun to your daily snacks then this is one way to do it.
- Get two pieces of sandwich bread
- Butter or spread with olive oil
- Then layer and fill with cheese and thinly sliced pears
- Then stick the sandwich into the grill until the cheese has melted and the bread is crisp.
Egg Mcmuffin Alternative
I’ve covered the benefits of the egg Mcmuffin back in 10 power foods to eat for breakfast . But now I have an alternative that you can make from home and take with you on the move.
Check the combination
- Get a piece of ‘crusty’ bread
- Layer 1 – Pancetta or bacon
- Layer 2 – Poached egg
- Layer 3 – Bitter greens (Frisee works well)
- The topping – Olive oil, wine vinegar and mustard
Shrimp and Veg Wrap
I have always preferred a wrap over a sandwich. Probably because you can get away with stuffing them to the max and in this case you will be stuffing your wrap with,
- Slice cooked shrimp (in sesame oil and soy sauce)
- Chopped baby bok, Choy or cabbage
- Mung beans, crisp sautéed shiitake mushrooms
Mix and match, stuff and wrap it up!
The Nut Sandwich
The only other sandwiches I have had that had nuts in the mix is the peanut butter and jelly sandwich and the ever so tasty peanut butter and banana sandwich. But here is another that you can experiment with.
- Banana, honey, and almonds
- Avocado and peanuts
- Sweet potatoes and hazelnuts
- Apricots and almonds
- Peaches and pistachios
- Roasted beets and walnuts
And just like the banana sandwich… toast it.
Salad and Crab
Ok… this one is mainly for the purpose of having a salad sandwich; it’s just that crabmeat goes pretty well with it.
- Get a baguette
- Fill it with crabmeat
- Add sesame oil, a scallion, a Thai chilli. garlic and salt
- Add the salads – Napa and cabbage (shredded)
- Finish of the topping with Limejuice
I got to taste and become familiar with all of these from eating out with associates at some trendy diners. There are many others, but these are a great variety of those that I tried which I think you will like, and be great for your weightlifting diet snacks.
See you in the comments.
Incoming search terms:
- bodybuilding sandwiches (394)
- bodybuilding sandwich (241)
- peanut butter sandwich bodybuilding (101)
- bodybuilder sandwich (88)
- sandwich bodybuilding (70)
- muscle building sandwiches (51)
- bodybuilding peanut butter sandwich (43)
- sandwiches bodybuilding (40)
- big sandwiches (39)
- peanut butter and banana sandwich bodybuilding (39)