15 Things Successful Bodybuilders And Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common
Which You Should Adapt Too!
(I’m changing my routine again stayfitbuggers (Just for one day )
I’m not a big fan of ‘labels’ when it comes to certain job roles, as being labeled something is usually just a glorified word to make an unglamorous role sound sexy. But if I look at the things I have been doing with my life, then I have been or still am both of these. A body builder and entrepreneur. And when talking about unglamorous yet sexy named roles, this would definitely be the case with the word ‘entrepreneur’. Look how sexy that word sounds. Throw in a French accent and I’d love to be called that everyday. But most entrepreneurial experiences are far from glamorous. They are often gritty, gut wrenching painful experiences. But on the other side of it however, is pure glamour. It just takes a lot of swimming through shit to get there. But over time, I have come to realize the many similarities that bodybuilders and entrepreneurs have in common. Having stepped in the shoes of both ‘roles’, I’d say I’m pretty qualified to compile such a list. Here goes.
#1 They Have Uber Schtick
What this means is that these guys will find creative ways to get the attention of the masses. In often wild and sometimes risky and humorous ways. But when it does work, the masses will often show love back. Both bodybuilders and entrepreneurs do this. While bodybuilders tend to get people watching them in awe while they pump weights, entrepreneurs will be out making noise and attracting all types of media coverage.
#2 They Are All Crazy
It has been noted quite a few times that Shaun Sinclair is officially ‘nuts’ but hey, I’ve been that way since birth, and I’m not faking sanity for anyone anytime soon. Learn to like and deal with it… or take the road to the high way, just not ‘my’ way. That’s me. But one thing I have noticed with both of these types of people is that they are all loopy, they have lost the plot. In fact, that is with anyone that has been uber successful. Michael Jackson is the best example of that. (R.I.P)
My loopy examples are…
Bodybuilder – Arnold Schwarzenegger (The Terminator for governor)
Entrepreneur – I’d probably say Steve Jobs
#3 They Don’t Understand The Phrase ‘Give Up’
While everyone else worries, focusing on what everyone else thinks about him or her. These guys are busy pushing forward and innovating. Now they probably have had the ‘give up’ mentality at some point. But then this magical thought enters their brain and says to them ‘give up and do what?’ It is at this point they just continue to push forward, which leads to some super eccentric thinking, and like magic, they create something that becomes fantastic. For entrepreneurs it’s a business and for bodybuilders – a body that you will probably never develop.
The bottom line is this: Surround yourself with the best. Only the ‘best’ think this way, regardless if they have become uber successful or not, because they will become uber in some way or another. It’s just a matter of time. Those who don’t think like this tend to adapt the give up mentality, and it is that energy which they naturally decide to force on to others. When you see this happening, take your wings out like the bug, buzz off and fly away.
Oh, and they don’t give a shit about what these folks have to say, unless it’s in the form of some praise or feedback of course.
#4 They Could Probably Steal Your Girl Off Of You, And There Will Be Nothing You Can Do About It.
Unless your lady is really special and really loves you dearly, then these guys could probably sweep your girl right off of her feet.
- Women are attracted to men that are dynamic, courageous, passionate, spontaneous and adventurous. Bodybuilders and entrepreneurs rank high in all of these personal traits. Quite simply, women don’t want wimps. They want a man that can stand his ground and be ‘the man’ in a relationship. Are you a wimp? If so then you better stay on stayfitbug.com… if you don’t, it might just be me that takes your girl.
- Every woman loves a man that looks good. Yea, she might not always get that, but you can be damn sure that it’s something she thinks about on a regular basis. Bodybuilders look good! And yes, your lady will stare and make him aware of it. If he’s a good guy, he’ll just laugh it off. But if he’s a bad guy (Like most with the above traits are) then he’ll take her number right in front of you, and there will be nothing you can do about it.
#5 They Naturally Think Like 5%ers
Apparently that figure has dropped to 2%. I guess the world has become a scarier place overtime… who knows? But both of these types of individuals tend to adopt the mindset of a 5%er. Naturally, most entrepreneurs would think this way, but not everyone will have the balls to ‘go at it’ quit there jobs and be a ‘true’ 5%er. But hey, I am only talking about uber successful ones here.
Maybe their similar way of thinking comes from encouraging super productivity. Or maybe just the fact that they know in order to be their best, they have to give it their best shot, and let nothing else get in there way. If that is the case, then they probably were never taught to be a 5%er. They just happen to think this way due to circumstance.
#6 They Plan Everything
Sometimes you can get away without having a plan, but if you look deep into whatever situation you are currently in, you probably ended up there because it was some part of your original plan.
But planning everything is something both uber successful entrepreneurs and bodybuilders do. Sure, plans can change, and in the famous words of the Joker from the movie The Dark Knight…
‘You know what I’ve noticed? Nobody panics when things go “according to plan.” Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it’s all “part of the plan.” But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!’
Planning is key. Luck can play its part too… sure. But no bodybuilder developed near perfect looking muscles by relying on luck.
#7 They Love What They Do And Do What They Love
You could also call it, sticking to what they know. They just became so good that they simply could not be ignored by the masses. Both bodybuilding and entrepreneurship can have their dull moments, and since starting stayfitbug.com I have always tried to enlighten you all. But more importantly, I just love this bodybuilding game… I just make it fun, and I hope you read and perceived it that way too. Bodybuilders and Entrepreneurs (especially technology and internet ones) both tend to become.
1) Obsessed with tweaking and testing
2) May often put their love for ‘the role’ before anyone else, including loved ones.
3) Could probably admit that they’ve stepped into the shoes of a manic depressive (from the brutal ups and downs that they face)
But hey, it’s all in the name of love. After all, love really does conquer all.
#8 They Take Their Selves Seriously
Not too seriously though. You will become a person that just plain SUCKS if you are serious 24/7. It’s just not human. Nevertheless both Bodybuilders and entrepreneurs take what they do seriously and believe fully in what they are doing.
Some common crowd responses to this.
1) The Bodybuilder – ‘Oh, you doing the whole bodybuilding ‘thing’ again today? Ah it’s all baloney, stop being so tense and ease up. You’re probably only doing it to attract the ladies anyway’
2) The Entrepreneur – ‘ Hey, long time no see. You still doing the whole Internet business thing?
That is almost an insult to ones being. These types of questions can come from all types of people, depending on your relationship with them. But uber successful people pretty much tend to block these reactions out and follow through with the plan. They just are that serious. But by the time they become uber successful, they are on a speed train that is going too fast for anyone to slow down.
#9 They Present Themselves ‘Oh… So Positively’
And it doesn’t seem to be taught either, it just comes with the territory of the personality (Talking from experience here :)). And they both tend to have a positive presence and image when meeting those they wish to do business with, or with those they wish to accept into their network. Now one may argue that this could be seen as being fake, being positive ALL of the time. But I don’t think it is. I just think that,
- They know that most people may generally have negative mindsets
- They know ups and downs happen (For some it’s a public affair)
If so, why would you keep looking ‘down’? With bodybuilding or entrepreneurial hurdles, you rise by pushing forward by being positive. Besides, who wants to meet and aspire to be like a bodybuilder who looks and sounds like he’s in the dumps when you meet him?
#10 They Both Know What It Means To ‘Take A Break’
The rewards at the end of the tunnel for both bodybuilding and entrepreneurship can be great. I’ve had relatively good times wearing both of those shoes. But if there is one thing I have learned, which I know without a doubt that uber successful bodybuilders and entrepreneurs know, it is the importance of taking a break. Of course, when the times demand it, you will have to give it your all. But this is usually just a moment in time.
Success is never overnight, and is quite often thrust upon the individual in a surprising manor, and more often then not; it won’t be a never-ending success story. It will most probably be like a milestone accomplishment, and for many, may cause even more problems in life and introduce a whole new batch of responsibilities. Because of that, these guys know that they need to pace their selves, not take themselves too seriously and live a little. It is within that time of taking a break where they can recharge their batteries.
1) Bodybuilders – Give there bodies a break. Draft and plan the future action. Then execute.
2) Entrepreneurs – Let the mind relax. Take up activities such as yoga (or even bodybuilding). Reanalyze and confirm their current direction. It is at this time where the best decisions start to get made.
#11 They Design Their Workspace For Success
I can bet money that if you were to walk into the room where an uber successful bodybuilder or entrepreneur spends most of their time, that it won’t be the norm.
For the Bodybuilder, you will see…
- Workout routine journals and drafts
- Daily plans
- Posters of Famous Bodybuilding moguls
- Maybe some home gym equipment
- Space (Let the mind and body breathe)
- A door that locks (For ‘me’ time)
- A decent bed to sleep on (They need proper rest)
For the Entrepreneur
- A Whiteboard with monthly/ yearly plans
- Extra notes stuck on the wall surrounding the whiteboard
- Daily plan
- Entrepreneurial gadgets – Digi cam, lap top, dual monitor display, business cards, iphone
- Specifically well-lit room
- A door that locks
There probably are a whole lot more. But these are the ones I know these guys will have placed in their personal structure in some way or another. All of this will happen regardless if these folks plan it this way or not. Because you will attract and become what you think about the most.
#12 They Always Look For Ways To Improve
If you speak to the biggest guy in the room, Entrepreneur or Bodybuilder, you may find that they are also the most humble people in the room. I think it’s a case of the big guy not needing to prove that he has power, but if the little guy does cross the line, he will beat him down and remind him who the daddy is. Think about it…. think of one of the biggest companies out there ‘Google’. And take your pick from any monster-sized bodybuilder you have met. Ok Google might not be exactly humble, but when your hear the CEO speak, it is never in a perfectionist tone.
But it’s probably the fact that they know how many mistakes it took to get to where they are and the improvements that they had to make along the way. So always looking for ways to improve has become a default characteristic of their being.
This is the exact same mind frame that I know you too are adapting to your weightlifting routine. You wouldn’t have ended up reading this post if you hadn’t been.
#13 They Think Big
Now I could turn around and tell you that thinking big is the wrong thing to do. That thinking big will probably make you fall down and fail. Which is true. But if you want major change and major results, then you will have to think big. All you have to do is break down the plan into smaller steps. Just know that with each step you will have to learn to break out of your comfort zone and step your game up a notch. This surely is easier said than done. But the more you do this, the more natural it will seem when you do it. This applies to bodybuilding and entrepreneurship, and it’s what the uber guys have applied to their strategy in some way or another.
#14 They Are Always Open To Try New Things
I will start this with a famous quote
“The way to succeed is to double your failure rate. Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.”
– Henry Ford
Uber successful bodybuilders and entrepreneurs know this all too well. Which is why they aren’t scared to try new things. The word ‘new’ is what has allowed the world to be how you see it today, and you can be sure that the aftermath is a result of that quote above. Sure, the way in which bodybuilders and entrepreneurs execute this may be slightly different. But the underlying rule is still the same.
Hail to new and innovative bodybuilding products and equipment!
Hail to even more technological breakthroughs!
#15 They Ooze Confidence
Earlier I mentioned that these folks may come across very humble regarding their knew renowned status. But just know that behind that humble being is a very confident person. They have to have been, otherwise no one out there would have believed in them if they didn’t believe in themselves.
Maybe they might have started out as a wimp. It is possible. But the process of building a great body and the process of reaching success in business is a painful one. Enduring pain at any high level is sure to turn the wimpiest of beings into untamed confident beasts.
Before I end this, I’ll leave you with 10 traits of a confident bodybuilder. But quite frankly, like the rest of this article, I think the similarities are present once again when comparing a bodybuilder to an entrepreneur.
1) Walks in a slow and controlled rhythm
2) Always operates on his OWN timetable when walking
3) Walking strides are long—not short and choppy
4) Torso is always straight up
5) Shoulders are upright, back, and relaxed
6) Neck is strong and powerful—yet loose—and is stretched as high as possible
7) Head is always held high
8) Head will always following the eyes. Eyes are level or higher (never looking down)
9) Head points straight ahead—and is never swiveling around
10) Eyes are looking forward and are focused on the destination (and are never darting around) and chin is always ‘up’.
See you in the comments.
Incoming search terms:
- bodybuilders (1468)
- biggest bodybuilder (229)
- confidence (130)
- how to be a successful bodybuilder (43)
- successful bodybuilders (15)
- pictures of confidence (13)
- what do body builders have in common (1)
- key things body builders know (1)
- being a successful body builder (1)
- how black bodybuilders became sucessful (1)