Is This The Mother Of All Fat Loss Workout Routines

September 30, 2010 by  
Filed under The Fitness Bug

With the holiday season creeping up on us and with the seasons changing, it will automatically cause a shift in our daily habits. You know,

•    Hibernating during the winter months and avoiding harsh weather conditions
•    Traveling abroad more
•    Making more time to see family and friends
•    Less time because of university or college

Now, we all know that maintenance and consistency is the name of the game when it comes building the body of your dreams, and you shouldn’t have to miss out because you decide to make time to do the things that you love, such as those points mentioned above.

Sure, the fitness lifestyle is about doing what you love to do. Snacking on cheat meals and all other kinds of fun stuff. The key solution to monitoring that is by creating habits in your diet AND in your workout schedule.

That is… (In terms of the workout)

Short burst workouts that can be done with little room required and no necessary gym equipment.

This is also the season where many of you may be used to putting on that extra 5-10 pounds of body fat. And that is why I included two detailed bodyweight workout routines (Beginner/Advanced) in the latest update of the Unique Bodyweight Exercise ebook, so that does not happen to you this year.

Version 3.0 has launched today and I’ve included a good line up of related bonuses for the launch too.

Learn more here >>> Unique Bodyweight Exercises ebook version 3.0

But they will only be available for the next 72 hours.

In fact the price of the Unique Bodyweight Exercises ebook will be going up after this time (Sunday 3rd October) so you’ll want to take advantage of this low price now.

Learn more here >>> Unique Bodyweight Exercises ebook version 3.0

To all our bodybuilding successes.

Shaun

P.S

Remember, even if you are a fan of free weight exercises (As I am), you still won’t want to be leaving bodyweight exercises out from your routines.

Why?

1) Helps build real strength
2) Strength that will improve your performance with free weight exercises

Incoming search terms:

4 Rules For Bodybuilder Internet Entrepreneurs (The Fitness Lifestyle)

September 27, 2010 by  
Filed under The Fitness Bug

  • Do you work from home?
  • Are you an internet entrepreneur?
  • Do you struggle when balancing work time and training time?

If any of the above apply to you read on, because it’s time to make your bodybuilding and fitness lifestyle much more pleasurable.

#1 Find yourself an office


Ok, working from home is not a bad thing. In fact it’s a good way to start off. Especially in the beginning. But you must at least have a plan to move your operations into an area that is ‘away’ from home.

Why?

It’s all to do with your mindset and your daily lifestyle.

You see, you may have the perfect home set up. You might even be doing ”OK’. But the chances are, that is what things will always be. Just ‘OK’. That is actually fine too, for some. The issue here is mindset. Let me show you what I mean.

Mindset when working from home

>>> Work time/ play time/ family time/ gym time <<< Occupying your mind all at the same time.

Mindset when working from an office (away from home)

>>> Work time

>>> Play time

>>> Gym time

>>> Family time

Obviously everyday won’t work like this in reality. We aren’t robots. But the key point here is that you can arrange your day and focus on what you need/ want to do at that specific time. Instead of having aspects of each activity resting at the back of your mind at all times of the day.

Working this way will also make you a lot more efficient and it will give you more hours in the day to do what you want. So yes, even if your situation is ‘OK’ right now, consider how much better it can be… whether that be for a financial or quality of time reward.

#2 Structure your days




  • Morning
  • Afternoon
  • Evenings

Make sure you plan your activities around these time periods of the day. That is the only way that you can actually live a proper life in this internet entrepreneur game.

I know you have already fallen victim to this, but why grind away like a rabbit on duracell batteries all day and all night!

What… you think that’s going to bring wealth into your life?

Think again buddy. Working like that is a quick route to an early grave. Even if you do survive, you might just end up as a walking zombie. And even if you do start to increase your earnings, you will wake up one day and think to yourself..

”Damn! where did my ‘life’ go?’

I talk about bodybuilding and the fitness lifestyle endlessly on this site, because that is what it is… a lifestyle. You might be an internet entrepreneur, but you are still an individual that has a passion for the fitness lifestyle. So make sure that your activities surrounding that support it too, otherwise you will just be wasting your time and your life.

The core issue highlighted in this very article will probably affect a lot more people than yester-year in todays world, as business migrates even furthur into cyber space. And there will no doubt be a good percentage of  those people who want to live or are already living the fintess lifestyle. Hopefully they get to read this article too.

Money, Plans and Quality of life

Money will come and go throughout certain periods of your life… nothing new there. Nothing wrong with chasing it either (To an extent). However, ‘time’ is a lot more precious. Because once time goes by, you will not get it back and living with regret is UNCOOL.

So if you are living like a rabbit on Duracell batteries, do yourself a favour and start organizing and structuring your days.

Plans

Plans will change at times and when they do, just adapt.

Tip

Keep a list of project goals. You are more likely to stick to these than some robot scripted plan you set (Which holds true for your workouts too). Better yet, do a test.

6 month period plan vs project list test

Write out a table with a plan that you have for your online endevours. Then create a project list on the opposite side of that table.

After 6 months have passed, analyze that plan against your list and you’ll probably spot a lot of ups and downs against your plan. Get a pen and match up the dates of when you planned (project) tasks against when you actually completed them. You’ll probably have quite a few up/ down arrows on the table.

Better yet, write down what caused your plan to change.

Working this way will do wonderful things for your mindset, because it keeps you in touch with reality to how things work in the real world aka life!

#3 Build a room for a home gym


Wait… didn’t you say to get away from home?

I did… but let me explain why.

Now, let’s face a common fact here.

”There are times that even when we want to focus on our workouts, we can’t!”

Because challenges arise at times and when they do, our minds get completely swamped!

Now, it’s not that we can’t physically manage dealing with those tasks. It’s just that once the mind does become swamped, it creates a mental mind trap, which is far from great when preparing the mind for a workout.

I’ve faced this challenge numerous times throughout the past year and it goes a little something like this…

  1. Wake up early
  2. Eat a good breakfast
  3. Feel inspired/motivated
  4. Get ready to work
  5. Work time is soon over
  6. BAMB! Dilemma… something comes up. A problem that can potentially take weeks to solve, or that needs to be dealt with ASAP
  7. Mindset is screwed

Now, everyone will obviously deal with certain problems in their own way. But these kind of hiccups can affect you regardless of who you are. I’m not going to dive too deep into this issue, but one key way to solve this issue when it does come up is to build a gym room or at least locate your office so that you are close to a gym. Because you can at least use the gym to help your mind rest or let that frustration out. In fact, follow the mindset rules outlined in point no.1. That will help somewhat.

#4 Break your goals down into incy wincy bits

Because if you don’t, your brain will go into panic mode, and you will feel like these guys…

But what is worse is that this will screw up your focus completely. Your mind won’t be right for business and it won’t be right for anything else, including your workout.

Even worse

You’ll start running around in circles, just like my example in #3. And although your intentions for your workout goals are good and sound, you’ll fall flat on your face half way through and you will lose all that muscle mass that took you weeks to build up. So even if you have huge aspirations, take things slow and hit those goals one step at a time. Just like in your workouts. If you don’t, you will find that years will pass and the person that you tried to create is now just a weak shadow of your former self.

Remember, the fitness and bodybuilding lifestyle will enhance your quality of life. Taking up entrepreneurship doesn’t need to be dramatic, but for most it usually is. If you have done so, make sure you follow some of these guidelines as the goal is NOT to sacrifice ones health or quality of life in return for what some strive for religiously… financial gain.

See you in the comments.

Incoming search terms:

The Mindset Mantra Of The Gym Grunts (Screamers)

September 24, 2010 by  
Filed under The Fitness Bug

Don’t know what a gym grunt is?

Well, take a look at the image above. A gym grunt is someone who makes the facial expressions and noise just like the guy in the picture. The main difference is that gym grunts feel the need to go to the next level and put that image above into overdrive, by letting the entire gym know that they are… well… grunting!

But why? Why do they do this? Is it really needed? Is it really called for?

In all honestly… no, I don’t think it is. But today I’m going to break down some of the reasons why these grunters do what they do, along with some possible solutions, so that all of us fitness freaks can just all get along.

#1 They think they look cool

When in fact, they look like fools!

In fact, I’m going to say ”continue grunting fools”

Why?

Because it’s flipping hilarious!

They say 90% of communication is done with body language. But in this case, it’s the complete opposite. Gym grunters kind of remind of those kids in school that decide to start smoking because they think it makes them look cool. Well, I have news for you grunters. It doesn’t. Keep the noise down peeerleeease!!

If you want to look cool, just be yourself, make progress in your training and like magic, people will flock to you because you ‘inspire’ them. And because they ‘respect’ your hard work and dedication. And not because of your blasted screaming. If you want to scream, take up tennis for fitness fun and take yourself to Wimbledon! Plenty of screaming goes on there, and the crowd don’t seem to mind either.

#2 They want attention

Now, there are a few different scenarios that come under this category, but wanting attention is a key factor in the mind of a gym grunter.

- They have  muscles, but don’t ‘appear’ that they have… especially when fully clothed. Because they aren’t actually ‘that big’, yet. And they want to prove to the rest of the world that they really do have strength.

- They have muscles, but for some reason, they don’t feel they get the attention they deserve.

- Low self esteem! They wear shirts two sizes too small for them.

Those are the main reasons why gym grunters do what they do. But now it’s time to set some ground rules for grunters, because we have to at least try to make everyone get along.. right?

3 strikes and out!

If gym grunters reach this number of complaints, then they need to be punished. Revoke their gym membership!

Suggestion for grunters

Grunt when you actually need to. Like, in the last few reps

Suggestion for heavy lifters

OK, OK… I’m going to take the grunters side for just a moment and re-introduce the concept of training insane.

You see, I already know that in order to change your body you will have to give it a shock! Something I spoke about back in the shock body exercise series.

Now, once the weight gets really big, every rep can feel like the last set. Therefore, you can be excused for grunting every single time. If you are in this position, do yourself a favour and train in a gym where everyone who attends has that same goal to train insane

- Pushing themselves to the limit

- Getting the job DONE!

Once this happens, grunting, screaming, cursing, growling or whatever you want to call it will be second nature. In fact, it will be expected of you!

Here’s an example of this type of gym…

So if your goal is to really train insane, make sure you don’t train in a sterile gym, because if you do, you’re going to be accused and looked upon as a mindless gym grunter.

That’s enough from me about gym grunters. Just make sure you follow the above rules when grunting your lungs out. That way, we can all be happy. :)

See you in the comments.

Incoming search terms:

WIN A FREE COPY OF THE UNIQUE BODYWEIGHT EXERCISE EBOOK v3.0 AND IT’S BONUSES!

September 22, 2010 by  
Filed under The Fitness Bug

(Special Pre-launch contest)

We all know that the unique bodyweight exercise ebook version 3.0 is coming on the 30th September. But today I am holding a special pre-launch contest where one of you can win a copy and it’s BONUSES for FREE. You can view all here…

http://www.stayfitbug.com/unique-bodyweight-exercise-ebook

1) Unique bodyweight exercise ebook v3.0
2) 17 Foods to carve abs
3) 9 non crunch bodyweight exercises for abs
4) Unique bodyweight exercise ebookv3.0 report

To enter simply leave a comment here (250 words or less) describing why this product (And bonuses) will be a perfect fit for YOU at this point in your fitness life. Tell me WHY you NEED access to this information.

The winner will be announced a week from today.

I want you to tell me, based on everything you’ve learned about building muscle from the updates here and from the website, why this bundle will be a perfect fit for you.

This bundle (With it’s contest only price) will be up for a limited time only (24 hours) while the contest is on via the special launch pre-sale page above.

Good luck!

Shaun

Incoming search terms:

11 Gymspirational Photos for Exercise Inspiration

September 20, 2010 by  
Filed under The Fitness Bug

What is gymspiration?

It’s just a word I made up a few months back, which basically means gym environments that can inspire you.

So what I have done is compile a series of gym related photos, and below I’ll describe exactly why they have made this post.

1) Back to the 80′s

Now… there are two types of indoor gym

1) Flashy fashion parade types

2) No B.S get down to business types

And it’s not hard to guess which one the above photo represents! (Which I just happen to be a fan of)

Most gyms are like fashion parades or like night clubs. Where people dress up to show of, or are there to pick up dates. Nothing wrong with that I guess. But the way I see it, the gym is a place you go to get work done and get down to business to achieve results.

A place where goals are met and exceeded!

The picture above represents what most gyms used to look like, hence the 1980′s tag. Yes, they do still exist, as I attend one of these types of gyms ‘today’. But they are rare.

If you want some ‘gymspiration’ and if you are serious about changing your body for the better. Then find a gym like the one you see above. Once you do, the gym members in that kind of gym will really show you the meaning of training insane!

2)  So Fresh, So Clean

Now, this is almost like the first type of gym I described above, but not entirely.

Why did this photo make it to gymspiration?

Because this is the type of gym you go to when you are treating your workout day as a day out. A treat as such.

  1. Expensive big breakfast in the cafeteria
  2. A good relaxation, digest and time to yourself session
  3. An intense but luxurious workout (Good people, good air con, top quality gym equipment
  4. Spa, Sauna, Jacuzzi
  5. What happens next is up to you

You obviously won’t be growing any monster sized muscles in this type of gym. But the lifestyle isn’t just about hardcore pumping is it. It’s about the experience. So do yourself a favour and hit up one of these types of gyms every once in a while.

3) Let’s Take it Outside

Venice Beach – Muscle Beach – California

It’s not hard t see why this had made it to gymspiration. Pumping iron… in the sunshine!

It really doesn’t get much better than that. No ceilings or walls. Just pure free air to do what you want without worrying whose walking by when you are maxing out your reps.

Oh yea… you might get to see a famous face or two… too :)

4)  Let’s Take It Outside.. And Show Off

If you already have the Unique Bodyweight Exercise ebook, then you will know all about this exercise. You obviously don’t need to master this exercise. But if you have mastered all of the other bodyweight exercises, then why not?

Being able to perform this exercise will prove to be a real feat of strength. And this image is just pure gymspiration, until the day you can do as you see.

5)  Graveyard Gym

I’m not sure where this gym ground is, but one thing I do know is…

That this is about as hardcore as hardcore can get!

If you ever find a gym ground like this, then there really is no other reason for you to be there other than to strictly lift. Until that day comes, keep this photo at the back of your minds!

6) Training Insane Without Weights

The theme throughout most of the photos so far has been ‘gritty gyms’.

Why?

Because those are the gyms where the most work gets done. Even when non-weightlifting activity is concerned, like in the image above. It is just a great display of people getting down to work… making it happen. It captures the moment well, which is why this image made it to gymspirastion.

7)  Machines and Freeweights Both Win


Most of you will probably be attending a gym such as this. A gym where there is a good mix of free weights and machine weights. Both have there pros and cons. This image captures exactly what that type of gym should look like.

8 ) The Rack

Now, a gymspiration post wouldn’t be complete with a great photo of the almighty weighs rack. The rack has it’s own place in the fitness vocabulary and it is the place where progress happens right in front of your eyes. Question is… are you anteing up your way down the eye of the rack in this picture? I hope so, because like the 2nd line of the logo states.

Take your muscles to the next level!

9) Women Should Not Be Afraid Of The Weight

In the recent video interviews here, I ask a few of my guests if it’s a challenge to build muscle while maintaining femininity.  So far the response has been positive, and it doesn’t seem to be too much of an issue. Genetics play a big part in that from what we know so far. Either way, like Miryah Jade Scott says, and like the lady in this photo is doing…

Don’t be afraid to lift the weight!

10) Dip Yourself To Muscularity

This photo of Ava Cowan highlights the core methods of how I initially built my muscles. Even before becoming a pro athelete. Taking your strengtg to the next level with weight assisted bodyweight exercises is just pure gold, which will also increase your perfornce in certain free weight exercises too.

The great thing about this photo is that it has been sexed up, because it’s being performed by a lady. And it has pure gymspiration written all over it.

11) Father and Son

If you workout and if you have kids, then you need to be keeping this photo nearby. Fitness is a lifestyle and there is nothing better than getting your kids involved in the lifestyle from a young age. After all, muscles begin deteriorating at only 18 years of age! So keeping those muscles alive and active while in the youthful years can only be a good thing.

Either way, this photo captures the moment oh… so well. Gymspiration!

Hopefully this post has encouraged you to get back into your local or global gym (For the travelers out there). And if so, good! Because this is what the gym is all about. This is the lifestyle that we love. And strike down all who oppose it… and make them die a miserable and unfit death!

Gymspiration


See you in the comments.

Incoming search terms:

Bodyweight Exercise Bonanza v3.0

September 17, 2010 by  
Filed under The Fitness Bug

If you have been following Stay-Fit Bug for at least the past 6 months, then there’s a good chance that you know about the unique bodyweight exercise ebook. But let’s not talk about the ebook for the moment (You’ll get plenty of info on that before the months end).

Let’s just talk about bodyweight exercises.

Now, since starting this site back in July 2009 I have successfully re-engaged myself back into the fitness lifestyle (You can read the fully story here). But what’s more important is that I have begun motivating and inspiring others, using techniques I know that work from experience.

Are they unique?

Well… only you can be the judge of that. But so far so good I think.

Any how, since then, I have got back into the swing of things. But the most interesting thing about my recent workouts is that they have consisted mostly of bodyweight exercises (weight assisted in my case).

Why?

Well, I’m sure you’ve all seen those guys in the gym that are the size of your house, but are a complete embarrassment when it comes to lifting their own bodyweight. Which means they are functionally weak! Which means that the much smaller guy in the room has a good chance of knocking the monster sized guy out in a flash. Or if you don’t like violence (I actually encourage non-violent activity), beat him in an arm wrestle.

The morale of the story = Why have all that size if only to look good?

Which is still questionable is some cases!

And this is why I focus on functional strength first. Also, the strength you build from bodyweight exercises such as pull ups/ chin ups will help you with the opposite freeweight exercise movements, such as the over head press and bench press.

Yes… body weight exercises doesn’t mean abandoning free weight exercises


Ir’s about including both to help you achieve your personal goal. Which for most of you is this…

Build supreme lean muscle mass  (BF 10% or less) with a good amount of bulk.


I think Chad Shaw’s physique is a good example of this.

Rest assured.. you will get there!

And for the lady readers here…

Ok Shaun, functional strength is a bonus. What are the other benefits of bodyweight exercises?


Helps increase metabolism

Because you will be building lean muscle mass

Once your body becomes lean, you can join the high metabolism brigade. A group of people that have the luxury of burning fat even when stationary. Because that’s exactly what lean ‘mature’ muscle does.

Stubborn fat loss equals short burst workouts

I know that many of you want to bulk up and take your muscles to the next level. I know this because of all the questions I get about…

‘Which supplements should I take – which of course can be found here’

But I also know that many of you are struggling to shred those annoying layers of fat surrounding your body.

The answer?

Short burst workouts!

That’s what will get you leaned out in a flash!!!

Now, the best way to stay in shape, mentally and physically is by treating what we do as a lifestyle. All of us are different and we will all have different goals and different past failures/successes with attempts to building a better body.

That of course means there are many aspects to the lifestyle that will affect the levels of success we all have…for the long term. And I plan to go over those attributes in detail in the upcoming program that I’m currently working on. But for the sake of this post, let’s begin with bodyweight exercises for a quick fix, which of course are key ingredients to the short burst workouts.

The best parts about this?

  1. No gym membership required
  2. No extra room required
  3. No need to spend money on additional home gym equipment (Although it can definitely help)
  4. Perfect for your winter workouts (Something that I spoke about 1 year ago on here)

There are of course other benefits. Such as using leverage. But for now, make sure you grab the FREE report below, which is one of a few that you’ll receive on the build up to the launch of version 3.0 of the unique bodyweight exercise ebook on 30th September 2010.


 

Incoming search terms:

How Being An Obessive ‘diet’ Precise Bodybuilder Will Get You Ripped!

September 15, 2010 by  
Filed under The Fitness Bug

This post is more of a statement and Q & A than a how-to.

You see, everyone’s bodies are different, as we know. And everyones bodies will respond in a different way in regards to diet, workouts and other aspects of the lifestyle. But for many people, diet will be one of the core aspects that will make or break your ability to build supreme muscle mass. This is especially the case for those who are trying to reduce their body fat percentage.

One of the best ways to ensure that you dobuild muscle is by being diet precise.

This would involve buying a scale and weighing all the elements of your food intake before you eat it. This can have a dramatic effect on your ability to build lean muscle… especially for those who are struggling to lose annoying layers of fat around the body (Which we obviously can’t control)

So, my question to you is…

Are you struggling to build lean muscle?

Are you being diet precise when you consume your food?

If so, did it make a difference?

I look forward to your answers

See you in the comments.

Incoming search terms:

Miryah Jade Scott Video Interview with Stayfitbug.com

September 13, 2010 by  
Filed under The Fitness Bug, Video Interviews

Learn how she went from NOTHING to conquering the fitness world in her rookie year.

We all want to develop the ultimate body… right? Of course we do. And the benefits that come along with that are much more than just ‘looking’ good!

And that’s exactly what has happened in Miryah’s case. You see, like many of you, Miryah was living a life as a young corporate world professional and indulging freely. Especially on Friday evenings… living life (nothing wrong with that). In fact, she still lives the corporate lifestyle (Yes… she is super multi-tasking!)

But then one day, she looked in the mirror and realized that she had put on a few pounds, and this definitely was not the person she wanted to be. Especially being a person that had quite an active background in fitness in previous years.

So she decided that things had to change. But little did she know, how much that one change in building a better body and lifestyle would improve her life beyond her wildest dreams.

  • Competing in fitness contests
  • Appearing on multiple magazine covers
  • Sponsorships

and more

Watch the video for the full low down

The Full Program

About Miryah Jade Scott



Mirah is a Fitness competitor, writer, EAS sponsored athlete who has also been featured on the front cover of magazines such as Inside fitness, status fitness and others

Rookie year achievements

WBFF Dive Fitness Pro World Champion 2009

(Click the images to enlarge)

Connect with Miryah

http://www.miryahscott.com

http://twitter.com/MiryahScott

Miryah’s Facebook Page

Miryah’s Physique


Front

Back

Side

Pose

______________________________

Miryah the Fitness Competitor


Miryah The Sponsored Athlete

Miryah and Fitness Fun

The articles mentioned in this interview

The Only Way To Train Is To Train Insane

Stay Ripped By Building Mature Muscle

Why You Are ‘Ripped’ And Why Your ‘Friends’ Are Not (Negative B*****ds)

Got a question?


Got a question about the topics covered in this interview?

Then be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments.

Incoming search terms:

New Muscle Pain Does Not Mean Instant Gain (@ Newbie Weightlifters)

September 10, 2010 by  
Filed under The Fitness Bug

OK… So you’ve gone to the gym for the first time, you’ve pumped some weights, you get home, sleep, wake up and feel the pain and soreness that everyone speaks of.

Now… I know you feel tense all over, and this may give you the feeling that you are growing, because of the pain you feel. Just do one favour for me…

Eliminate those thoughts and change your mindset now!

Because this is in fact the time when your muscles are shrinking.

You will need to change your mindset here and understand that ‘this’ pain is just the beginning and that this is the time to start feeding your muscles.

Your workout days need to be structured like this…

Early morning

  1. Meal #1 (Breakfast) (Protein meal drink, not a full meal)
  2. ***WORKOUT PERIOD***
  3. Meal #2 (Post-workout shake right after your workout) CORE MEAL
  4. Meal #3 (12:30) (Post Workout Meal) CORE MEAL
  5. Meal 4 (15:30)
  6. Meal 5 (18:00)
  7. Meal 6 (21:00)

Morning

  1. Meal #1 (Breakfast) CORE MEAL
  2. ***WORKOUT PERIOD***
  3. Meal #2 (Post-workout shake right after your workout) CORE MEAL
  4. Meal #3 (12:30) (Post workout meal) CORE MEAL
  5. Meal #4 (15:30)
  6. Meal #5 (18:00)
  7. Meal #6 (21:00)

Early evening

  1. Meal #1 (Breakfast) CORE MEAL
  2. Meal #2 (10:00)
  3. Meal #3 (12:30)
  4. Meal #4 (15:30)
  5. ***WORKOUT PERIOD***
  6. Meal #5 (Post-workout shake right after your workout) CORE MEAL
  7. Meal #6 (21:00) (Post Workout Meal) CORE MEAL

After every workout, your post workout shake or snack should include the following…

Peanut butter and jam/jelly sandwiches (Restores calories lost from your workout)


Whey protein (Fast digesting protein)

Glutamine (Amino acids – Helps with muscle recovery and helps kill muscle fatigue)



If you are new to this bodybuilding game or if you are currently struggling to build muscle, then give these posts a read..

If you don’t fix your mindset and choose NOT to follow the above, then prepare to SHRINK! Because that is what will happen.

Crossing the Chasm

Your mindset is now fixed. Where do we go from here?

Ok… after your workout, you will feel pain and soreness, but what you must now do is rest for 24-36 hours (48 hours in some cases). But no more!

Then you hit the weights again and switch up the routine.

  • Cardio day
  • Work different muscle groups
  • Change up the exercises

You can use the 3 day split routine from the post below to begin with.

3 Day Split Weightlifting Routine

The Pain Fades

It will feel like a real challenge the first few times you lift weights while your muscles feel tense. However, the challenge will begin to fade by the time you reach work no.5-6, because like magic, the pain will fade.

Well… not entirely. The pain will always be there, however…

The pain will change from bad pain to good pain.

Good pain is what you get after a good workout, because it let’s you know that you are still getting your muscles to talk back to you. Also known as shocking your muscles, which motivated me to create the Shockbody Exercise series:

Shocking your muscles is of course required if your goal is to take your body to the next level (Which is most of us), whether it be for lean muscle mass building or building for bulk. Which leads me to my next point…

Tweak and Repeat

Now that you have your

1. Mindset right

2. Your (On going) workout technique right

I’ll now introduce you to the concept of tweak and repeat, which I first introduced back in May this year.

The idea of tweak and repeat is based on analyzing and tweaking your results over a period of time to help you on your quest to build the body of your dreams. However, many of the concepts surrounding tweak and repeat require a lot of explanation, which not even the mother post can detail. But not to worry, the upcoming Stay-fit Bug program will reveal all.

The main thing you need to understand about tweaking and repeating is that everything you change along the way is in aid of living a fun and enjoyable bodybuilding life for the long term. Because this is life ans s**t will happen, so it’s all about knowing how to deal with it when it strikes and how to ensure that none of it disrupts your bodybuilding goals.

In short…

Find something that works and then keep on repeating it and tweak along the way.

Give the post a read, and if you want a more detailed version, just stay tuned. Announcements are a common thing around the Stay-fit Bug universe.

Find Hardgainer Bodybuilding Success with: Tweak and Repeat

To conclude

This post is directed at newbies, but it is also a reminder to those who are just getting back into the grove of things, possibly after a long hiatus. Just don’t make the mistake of sitting on that newbie weightlifting pain during those first few workouts. Keep it moving and ante up. Before you know it you’ll be in the zone. Once that happens, no one or no thing can get in your way.

See you in the comments.

Incoming search terms:

The Order Of Human Fat Loss

September 8, 2010 by  
Filed under The Fitness Bug

Fact!

There is absolutely no way to target specific areas of fat around your body. Period!

The basic to-do’s

  • Aerobic activity
  • Weight training
  • Proper diet

Are all compulsory attributes on the quest to lose fat and build lean muscle mass. Your body burns fat as a whole, not from specific areas.

The human onion


This is a good way to understand how fat loss works from a visual perspective. Rather than disappearing from a particular place, fat comes off layer by layer from the whole body.

It’s like spreading butter

It’s like taking one pound of butter and rubbing it all over your body. It will cover you in a very thin layer and probably won’t change your size much. The same concept applies to why you can’t tell when you’ve lost a pound in weight, and why you can tell when you’ve lost 10 pounds in weight.

This can lead to some seriously demotivating days. But please, DO NOT get demotivated when you look in the mirror throughout this phase.

‘Anything that is watched and tracked will grow!’

Obviously in this case… grow fit!

Some parts of your body hold a higher amount of fat than others. Everyone is different and the way fat is shed varies from person to person. This is why I constantly talk about techniques to make any one workout program work for YOU! No one else.. just you and ONLY you!

It’s why you hear the classic lines such as…

‘I’m doing this right, I’m doing that right.. but whenever I eat, it tends to go to one place in my body?’

Or…

‘I’m getting results butt this is the last place the fat disappears from’ (which was probably the first place they put it on) Excuse the pun btw ;)

The man – Spare tire of fat around the waist


The woman - Big butt smaller chest

These are common dilemmas for each of the sexes when fat loss and building muscle is concerned.

The simple answer to overcome this scenario is to adapt. The first step is understanding YOUR body. Once you do

-Track

- Analyse

- Tweak and repeat!

Nevertheless, here is the likely order that you will lose fat around your body on your quest to building lean muscle mass.

#1 Your Face

#2 Your Arms

However, it is common for women to develop a build up of fat in the upper arms, especially in the tricep area.

#3 Your Chest

I do feel some women’s pain here, because it is common for women to face a reduction in bust size on the fat loss quest. However, men that focusing heavily on weight training need to watch and track the build up of fat in this area. Man boobs are not cool!

This is how you can fight off man boobs if you do have them…

I have man boobs! How can i fix my chest?

#4 Your Abs/ Waist

We all know that everyone has a great set of abs hiding under that annoying layer of fat. But this is one of the key areas where fat will deposit itself.

This affects a lot of men, I know from the sheer amount of conversations I have on a day-to-day basis. Even a high metabolism type like myself suffers from this to some degree. But don’t worry troops… the Bugmeister is in the process of creating a long term solutions for you to help keep the fat at bay from this eye catching area of the body.

Slim woman with natural chubby tummy

This must be highly annoying for women that are naturally slim. You probably already know this if you are a naturally slim woman.

The solution?

Eat healthy!

I’ll be covering this in some detail in the upcoming program, but if you want something to get you started read these posts.

 

#5 Your Inner Thighs

(Especially the case with women, due to the width of the pelvis)


#6 Your Outer Thighs

#7 Your Lower Back

#8 Your Butt

Women are known to suffer the most here, but this affects everyone. Your glutes are the largest muscle group in your body, yes. But you need fat here other wise sitting down would be no fun! We know by now that you can’t control where one loses fat around the body, but one thing you do not want to do is lose a stack load of fat from your butt! Doing so may lead your butt to sag down towards your thighs, and like Natalia Muntean said in her video interview…

It’s not pretty!

So make sure you do emphasis some of the butt building techniques as described in this post.

The Art of Building a Bigger Butt

One point I do have to make though, is that for the most part, your body shape is what it’s going to be, unless of course we are talking radical body changes. What I mean here is that if your friend has

  • Naturally broad shoulders
  • A naturally huge butt
  • Perfectly proportioned wrists and ankles

And you don’t…

Then you will probably never have it as good as they do. Which is why I place a strong focus on describing how to make workouts, fitness and the bodybuilding lifestyle work for YOU!

There is very little you can do to influence specific fat distribution and vigorously exercising a specific body part will not have any influence on local fat in that area. It can be very frustrating but everybody is different. Stay committed to your training and nutrition goals, because building lean muscle will probably take time. Years in some cases. Understand how YOURbody works, and set achievable goals (Read this post to learn how).

Anyhow, that is the common order of fat loss that most of you will face. And most of you will have to adapt some what to get the body that you desire. But rest assured, I’m working on the above and you will be updated soon.

What has been the order of your fat losing results around your body thus far?

See you in the comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Incoming search terms:

Next Page »

Google+